Friday, November 27, 2009

I miss my mother

I try to be strong. I try to be wise. I try hiding any vulnerability from these strangers. Nevertheless, I miss my mother. Why did they have to take me from her? If they wanted me, why could they not they take they take us both…or better yet, invite us to come? I am sure that mother would have let us go to help them with whatever it is they need help with. It is not that they had to resort to these measures. They did not have to separate us. What kind of monsters takes a child from her mother? Especially one that still needs training…guidance? It would serve them right if I will not do what they ask…or better yet, if I cannot do what they wish. Will not, they can still force me to, but if I cannot, then they would not be able to force me to, no matter what they tried.

It is amazing to me the short time we have actually been to sea. It feels like an eternity. Every time I see my captor or the woman, I want to ask them if we have arrived yet, but I know that we have a very long journey ahead of us. Perhaps there is some way that the voyage will pass by faster.

What I am afraid of, however, is that for every fathom that we travel, it takes me that much farther away from mother…oh, and the rest of the village.

It makes me wonder if the man who is my father…if he was around, if this would have happened? Perhaps he would have been able to protect mother and I better…and the village. I feel much like the village idiot right at this moment.

~Allorana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Allorana and her Mother, Shashanna, are characters out a free eSerial called Mu mysteries written by Cherry Dumas (www.enchantmentofthemind.com , www.cherrydumas@blogspot.com , www.twitter.com/cherrydumas , www.facebook.com/cherry.dumas