Monday, November 9, 2009

What is it like…

…to have a powerful priestess as a mother?

I love it. I have learned so much at her side, beyond what the other children have learned. And I have not even started my own official training as her priestess yet.

You may wonder if it was pre-ordained that I would be a priestess as well. It wasn’t. They had hoped I would be, but there wasn’t anything that declared that it would happened.

It took a few years before I began to show any signs that I would be following in mother’s steps. But regardless if I would or not, I would still be treated the same. Mother garners so much respect. The only other person who has more respect in our village is Ariki, and only because he is our village Elder, our leader…and my grandfather. Although, that relationship is barely ever mentioned.

Back to mother. Because of her, I am treated much better than any of the other children, and the other children run to do my bidding. It is so fun. Sometimes, I admit, I let it go to my head. I forget myself and use them. Mother says I am so much older than my years, that I sometimes forget to be a child, and I talk over them, and they look at me like I am some strange creature. That makes me angry and that is usually when I forget myself and use them. I don’t mean to be cruel to them…I just forget myself. I try not to do that, but it is as if something comes over me.

However, because of my mother, nobody takes me to task over it, besides mother, that is. I try for her.

I wouldn’t go as far as to say it is sublime to have a high priestess as a mother…the work is ten times as much for me as it would be for any other child. However, the rewards are far greater. I love it.

~Allorana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Allorana and her Mother, Shashanna, are characters out a free eSerial called Mu mysteries written by Cherry Dumas (www.enchantmentofthemind.com , www.cherrydumas@blogspot.com , www.twitter.com/cherrydumas , www.facebook.com/cherry.dumas